Jessica Finocchiaro, H. David Mathias. (2020). "Evolutionary Optimization of Cooperative Strategies for the Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma"
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science Florida Southern College, 2017
- Ph.D in Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2017-present
Property Elicitation, Proper Scoring Rules, Surrogate Loss Functions
- Graduate Research Assistant, Summer 2017-present
- Working under Dr. Rafael Frongillo at CU Boulder
- Working on the design of Fisher consistent surrogate loss functions
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, August 2016 - May 2017
- Worked with Dr. H. David Mathias at Florida Southern College
- Created and empirically tested a model to test if optimizing for mutual cooperation improves overall performance in the Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma game.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Summer 2016
- Worked with Dr. Ali Borji at University of Central Florida
- Used Machine Learning to predict the height of an egocentric (first-person) camera off the ground.
Awards and Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2019 - ~2022)
- ACM Conference on Economics and Computation Algorithmic Game Theory Mentoring Workshop Grant (2018, 2019)
- Joint Meeting in Mathematics Student Travel Grant (2017)
Jessie Finocchiaro, Roland Maio, Faidra Monachou, Gourab Patro, Manish Raghavan, Ana-Andreea Stoica, Stratis Tsirtis, "Fairness and Discrimination in Mechanism Design and Machine Learning" (2020.)
Jessica Finocchiaro, Rafael Frongillo, and Bo Waggoner. (2020). "Embedding Dimension of Polyhedral Losses"
Jessica Finocchiaro, Rafael Frongillo, and Bo Waggoner. (2019). "An Embedding Framework for Consistent Polyhedral Surrogates"
Jessica Finocchiaro and Rafael Frongillo. (2018). "Convex Elicitation of Continuous Properties." Neural Information Processing Systems.
Jessica Finocchiaro, H. David Mathias. (2017). "Social Trends in the Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma." Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) 2017.
Jessica Finocchiaro. (2017). "Investigating Social Trends in the Iterated Prisoner's Dilemma." Florida Southern College Honors College Bachelor's Thesis.
Jessica Finocchiaro, Aisha Urooj Khan, and Ali Borji. (2017). "Egocentric Height Estimation." IEEE Winter Conference on Applications in Computer Vision.
Talk at AI for Social Good (AI4SG) Workshop at Harvard CRCS 2020, Virtual
Poster at CU Boulder Institute of Cognitive Science , Boulder, Colorado
Poster at Neural Information Processing Systems 2019, Vancouver, Canada
Talk at Preliminary PhD Exam, Boulder, CO
Talk at Neural Information Processing Systems 2018, Montreal, CA
Talk at 2018 ACM Conference on Economics and Computation, Ithaca, NY
Service and leadership
- Program Committee Mechanism Design For Social Good (MD4SG) Workshop 2020
- Program Committee AI For Social Good (AI4SG) Workshop 2020
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) 2020
- Women in Machine Learning (WiML) Reviewer 2019
- CU Boulder Graduate Student Association Vice Chair (Feb 2018-present)
- Discovery Learning Apprenticeship Graduate mentor (January-April 2018)